Wednesday Networking with Mr Len Yarran
Wednesday Networking is a platform for members and non-members to meet other like-minded people, providing the chance to create relationships.
Our speaker Mr Len Yarran is a Wadjak Noongar elder who has worked extensively in education, and devoted much of his time and energy in assisting the local indigenous community. In 2015, Len was the winner of WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Award, in recognition for his teaching and mentoring work at Balga Senior High School.
In 2013, Mr Yarran was part of the team that founded Wadjak Northside, a resource centre and community group dedicated to improving indigenous lives in the northern suburbs of Perth. Mr Yarran remains co Chair of Wadjak Northside.
Mr Yarran will talk about his own life journey, and stories from those in his community.
Footnote: Coincidentally, this event falls within National Reconciliation Week 2021.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the SafeWA on your mobile phone. All guests entering the premises will be required to scan the QR code.
- We are restricted to 40 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!