Wednesday Networking with Mr Glen Buckingham
Wednesday Networking is a platform for members and non-members to meet other like-minded people, providing the chance to create relationships.
OVERVIEW OF THE PRINTING INDUSTRY
Since 2009, Glen has operated as a consultant broker and supplier of packaging to many of Australia’s largest seafood companies and premium wineries. He imports the bulk of his orders from Indonesia and China, but also coordinates with local manufacturers for speciality cartons and packaging.
Glen has vast experience in the printing and packaging industry. He started as a printing apprentice at the WA Government Printing Office in 1977, and remained in the public services with this office until 1998. He then joined JayPack Packaging, a small packaging company as their Estimator, Designer, Production Manager and Head of Internal Sales. In 2003, Glen joined Visy Industries to manage their Kewdale Speciality Plant, and then later supervised the construction of a new factory at Canning Vale.
Glen will give an overview of the development in the printing industry – from the manual presses he operated as an apprentice, to the digital machineries of today.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the SafeWA on your mobile phone. All guests entering the premises will be required to scan the QR code.
- We are restricted to 40 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!