Wednesday Networking Event with Mr. Don Hancey
Wednesday Networking is a platform for members and non-members to meet other like-minded people, providing the chance to create relationship.
Our Wednesday Networking event on September 16, 2020 featured WA Food Ambassador Don Hancey. Don introduced some of his friends from the WA food industry and showcased their excellent products. He urged everyone to get behind this vital industry, particularly during the difficult pandemic period.
The Chamber wishes to thank Don for his talk and for his tireless work on behalf of WA’s food and wine producers, and the food services providers. The Chamber also wishes to thank the following exhibitors who offered samples of their excellent products, and contributed to a fun evening:
- Clandestine Vineyards (https://clandestinevineyards.com.au/)
- Mendolia Seafood (https://www.mendoliaseafoods.com.au/)
- Fremantle Octopus (https://www.fremantleoctopus.com.au/)
- Howard Crump (WA Cheese) (https://www.wacheese.com.au/)
- Loafers Artisan (http://loafersartisan.com.au/)
- Far West Scallops (https://www.farwestscallops.com/)
Our speaker Don Hancey has worked in the food industry for 45 years, and has been an owner operator of food related businesses since the age of 23. After successfully running 3 of WA’s finest award winning regional kitchens, Don became WA’s Food Ambassador through his continual support and dedication to WA Food producers.
Aside from restaurants, Don also catered for large scale iconic Events such as Kimberley Fine Diamonds Ore River Muster, Broom’s Shinju Matsuri Long Table Dinner on Cable Beach, and a WA Produce Dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Shenzhen, China. Don has received numerous awards and accolades, including a 2019 WA Seafood Industry Promotion Award and a 2013 WA Good Food Guide Governors Award.
Don will give an overview of the vibrancy and importance that WA’s food and wine tourism business play in WA’s economy.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the Government’s COVIDSafe app on your mobile phone.
- We are restricted to 30 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!