Wednesday Networking Event with Major General John Hartley AO (Retd)
Wednesday Networking is a platform for members and non-members to meet other like-minded people, providing the chance to create relationship.
Major General John Hartley AO (Retd) is Director and CEO of Future Directions International (FDI), a Perth based independent, not for profit strategic research institute. FDI was established in 2000 to conduct comprehensive research of important medium to long term issues facing Australia.
Some of FDI major research focus include Global Food and Water Crisis, Strategic and Military interest around the Indian Ocean, Northern Australia and Land Care. FDI’s publications are usually available free of charge and are distributed electronically.
Major General Hartley was a decorated Australian army officer who served in the Vietnam War. He was also the Director of the Defence Intelligence Organisation, Deputy Chief of the Army and Head of Army’s Land Command. He is a frequent media commentator on defence and other strategic topics. He will introduce FDI and talk about its more recent initiatives.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the Government’s COVIDSafe app on your mobile phone.
- We are restricted to 30 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!