Wednesday Networking: An Evening with the Department of Home Affairs
Wednesday Networking is a platform for members and non-members to meet other like-minded people, providing the chance to create relationships.
The Australian Department of Home Affairs brings together Australia’s federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs, settlement services, immigration and border-related functions, working together to keep Australia safe.
Our speakers Rachel and Tarryn are members of the Department’s WA Community Engagement Team. The team manages the Department’s relationships and communication with cultural, religious and ethnic communities. They inform community leaders on developments at the Department, as well as Government messages on key topics such as COVID-19, domestic violence, social cohesion, national security, countering foreign interference and extremism. Steve works with industry to support economic development in WA and will be sharing information about Home Affairs’ Global Talent visa program and developments in the Skilled Migration program.
Come and learn more about the Department of Home Affairs. It’s also an opportunity to raise questions or comment on important topics such as immigration, refugee settlement, border control, multicultural affairs, and national security.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the SafeWA on your mobile phone. All guests entering the premises will be required to scan the QR code.
- We are restricted to 40 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!