Career in Banking / Finance
The third Joint Youth Networking event will focus on advice for those seeking to enter and develop careers in the banking and finance industry. Our two speakers are both experienced bankers with their own unique career paths.
Ms JOVY LEONG is Corporate Relationship Manager at Bankwest Business. She started as a Bankwest teller at the Booragoon branch in 2008, and progress from retail banking into business banking. Along the way, she picked up numerous awards for service and business excellence.
Mr HENRY HABEKOST is Managing Director of Asia Link Capital, a specialist finance broking business he set up after retiring from National Australia Bank in 2017. Henry founded NAB’s Asian Banking operation in 1999 and remain as head of this business unit until his retirement. The unit grew into coverage of 9 Asian countries with about 540 people under Henry’s stewardship. Henry is also Vice President at the WA Chinese Chamber of Commerce
WACCC & Chung Wah’s Member – Free
Non-Member – $10
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to our Wednesday Networking event to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the Government’s COVIDSafe app on your mobile phone.
- We are restricted to 40 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!