Living and Working in China
What is it like to live and work in China as a foreigner (老外, laowai)? We invite several distinguished guests to share their experience and stories. The guests are:
Ms Minna Vilkuna, Principal, Rare Voyage – Minna’s native country is Finland but she lived and worked in China for over 25 years, leaving in 2019 to come to Australia. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and has travelled extensively in China.
Dr Andrew Zint, Cross Culture Educator – Andrew is a specialist cross cultural educator in the international higher education sector. He lectured at several universities in China while living in Nanjing and Hangzhou. Andrew has also studied martial arts for 35 years, and practice with several masters while in China.
Professor Clive Barstow, Edith Cowan University – Clive is a practicing artist and the Executive Dean of Arts & Humanities at ECU. Clive has worked extensively in China over 12 years with artists and academics. He recently established the Sino-Australian Artists Association to encourage and maintain art collaboration between the two countries.
This is our third annual joint networking event with the Australia China Friendship Society Western Australia. It is always popular so do register early to avoid disappointment.
Social Distancing Advice
The Chamber supports and adheres to our State Government’s social distancing advice. We request all attendees to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you are unwell.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Download and install the Government’s COVIDSafe app on your mobile phone.
- We are restricted to 40 attendee under the 2 square metre personal space rule. Prior registration is essential for the event and we reserve the right to turn away attendees once we reach our maximum limit – First in, best dressed!